Voice Activated LED Mask
Be the life of the party this Halloween with a voice (and music if it’s loud!) activated LED biohazard mask. Everybody knows that a genius conceptual Halloween costume will make you the star of the party. Sure you could be one of the millions of people to wear a caricature Trump mask this year, or you can be original with this DIY project!
- 1 – Anti-Dust Paint Respirator Mask
- 1 – Arduino Nano
- 1 – KY-038 Microphone Sound Sensor Module
- 2 – 5v LED’s
- 1 – Perf Board
- 1 – 9v Battery
- 1 – 100Ω resistor
- 1 – 1″ Biohazard sticker (optional)
- Take apart the biohazard mask filters and empty out the contents
- Wire LED 1 and 9v battery into one of the filters, pulling wires through the respirator air passage ways. If you make the wires the correct length, you can easily tuck them beneath the rubbery plastic liner
- Solder your nano and other components to the perf board (see circuit diagram below). I left the KY-038 sound module free from the board so that I could easily position it and make adjustments to the sensitivity via the on-board potentiometer.
- Connect the wiring from the 9v power supply and the LED.
- (Optional) Slap a biohazard sticker on the front, and voila!
Check out the video above to get a look at how I did it!